Aerial yoga creates a unique and fun twist to many methods of mindful movement like yoga and Pilates. Aerial yoga uses silk hammocks like a prop to support the body against gravity, creating a unique approach to any classic yoga or Pilates repertoire. Also the hammocks take a difficult pose to perform on the ground and make it surprisingly easier to do in the mid-air.
Due to the supportive nature of aerial yoga the health benefits are endless, including decompression of joints, building strength, flexibility, and balance. It is also very versatile to the styles of classes, from floating mediations to intense strength conditioning. Aerial yoga is suitable for beginners to advance students and we promise it will take your mindful movement to a higher level.
Here are 5 reasons to try Align Aerial Yoga today:
- Improves Strength and flexibility: Suspended yoga strengthens the core, increases spinal and shoulder flexibility, which aids athletes to gain more stamina and recover faster. The hammocks also help one to move more freely with less effort by counteracting gravity, and this releases tension on the bones and muscles to gain flexibility. In aerial yoga almost all the body parts are forced to move and stretch. Muscles are toned and redefined, and joints are regenerated, strengthened and stretched due to these movements.
- Improves balance: While going against gravity is exciting it helps with balance and stability that relate to daily activities, plus helps maintain a good balance both inside and out.
- Heals back problems: It gives you the chance to hang freely, allowing your spine to lengthen and create traction in the vertebrae and joints. With less strain on your back while doing the exercises, it eases tension in the body to heal.
- Puts you in a great mood: Another key benefit of doing aerial yoga is that it gets your adrenaline going while going against gravity. It also releases “happy” hormones like serotonin, endorphins, oxytocin, dopamine, which boost your mood and help you feel more energetic.
- Psychologically beneficial: Just like almost any other workout, aerial yoga helps rebuild your emotional system because it clears the mind and relieves stress due to its meditative state.